victoriavane

The Horse Whisperer
Nicholas Evans
Midnight in Your Arms
Morgan Kelly
Far in the Wilds (A Spear of Summer Grass 0.5)
Deanna Raybourn
The Education of Mrs. Brimley - Donna MacMeans A very well-written and atypical historical romance.

When Emma Heatherston, masquerading as the widowed Mrs. Brimley, accepts a position as a teacher at Pettibone's finishing school, she has no idea she will be expected to prepared the young ladies for their conjugal duties.

Desperate to acquire knowledge she doesn't have, rather than be dismissed, she turns to a neighboring rake, Lord Nicholas Chambers aka Lord Bedchambers. In need of a semi-nude model for his latest painting, Lord Nicholas strikes a bargain with Emma - if she will pose for him, he will tutor her in the aspects of physical love.

What I loved about this book was that the sexual chemistry between the main characters, Emma and Nicholas was palpable fromt the start, and continued to build with every encounter even though they barely touched for half the book. This was the magic for me- when Nicholas set out to educate (seduce) the virgin Emma by using only the power of words (and an occasional paintbrush!)

Since I read it all in one night, I have to give it 4 stars!