victoriavane

The Horse Whisperer
Nicholas Evans
Midnight in Your Arms
Morgan Kelly
Far in the Wilds (A Spear of Summer Grass 0.5)
Deanna Raybourn

The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5)

The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5) - Courtney Milan WOW! This was so refreshing different!

I loved that, Hugo, the male protagonist was such an atypical hero, being neither a nobleman nor the devastataingly handsome and charming rake. The heroine was also an underdog to root for, a woman who had been wronged and was determined to set things right, heedless of the personal sacrifice. I loved how the chemistry built between Hugo and Serena. It was wonderfully and believably done. My only quibble with the story was how so little was made of her pregnancy. It seemed like it should have surfaced in some manner either before or during their love scene. Rather the repercussion that Hugo would raise the despised duke's bastard son as his own appears not to have even entered either Hugo's or Serena's mind. It just seems like this should have been at least an internal debate with Hugo before he offered marriage, even if he and Serena didn't discuss it with one another. I guess I had a hard time believing what a non-issue it was in their relationship.

Overall, however, it was a great story and I look forward to the series that will follow.